This year you may choose between Full Weekend registration, as in the past, or a new Saturday Only option. If you come for the Full Weekend, you can also choose to arrive on Thursday evening instead of Friday (for an additional fee to cover lodging and breakfast – no evening meal on Thursday).
While there are now two registration options, there is just one retreat and everyone will be together on Saturday. Registration Form (PDF)
Check in for Full Weekend attendees begins by Friday at 11:00 AM in the Dining Hall, where you will receive your information folder and room assignment, and goes through 5:00 PM. Check out time for Full Weekend attendees is 3:00 PM on Sunday.
If you registered to arrive on Thursday, go to the dining hall for your overnight room assignment (you will check in on Friday morning). This is a change from the confirmation letter. Arriving before sunset is suggested unless you know the area well and/or have good GPS. Only the lakeside cabins will be available on Thursday evening — another group will be in the lodge. If you arrive on Thursday and are staying in the lodge for the weekend, you will be able to move up there on Friday morning after breakfast and check-in. The microwave should be available on Thursday evening.
Check in for Saturday Only attendees is Saturday morning between 8 AM and 10 AM.
Sleeping Accommodations (Full Weekend Only)
Every effort will be made to make your stay a pleasant one. Room and roommate assignments are based upon stated preferences and special needs. Enchanted Hills provides blankets, sheets, pillows, pillowcases and one washcloth and towel per participant.
Full Weekend option: Seven delicious meals will be served in the Dining Hall—Friday lunch through Sunday lunch. If you chose Thursday early arrival, there are no Thursday meals but you will receive breakfast on Friday in addition to the other meals.
Saturday Only option: You will receive three delicious meals. You do not have to arrive in time for breakfast, but we encourage you to do so.
Be sure to inform us of any special food needs you may have, if you have not already done so. You should do this on the on your registration form if possible. You can update your information online up through the registration deadline. After that, please contact us directly with any changes.
Workshops and Activities
Come ready to nurture your spirit. Feel free to choose from the planned activities or spend time alone or with a friend. Workshop offerings and additional activities could change.
- “Escape from Taliban” (Sylvia Jones)
- Book discussion, The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk (Ginger Frederick, Phyllis Boyson)
- The Power of Women Foil Figures (Mary Ann Davis)
- Meditation and Visual Imagery (Ellen Doerfer)
- Song and Movement to Fill Your Spirit (Bernadette Burns)
- U 2 Can Read Tarot (Jean Embree)
- The Grandmother Galaxy (Shirley Ranck)
Additional Activities This Year
- Lent, Easter and Ostara- “Why should we UUs pay attention to these holidays?” (Geri Kennedy)
- How to Self-Publish on Amazon (Mary Ann Bernard)
- Unwind and relax at the Spa! (Ellen Doerfer)
- Individual Threshold Choir Sessions (Susie Bobzien)
- Enchanted Hills ropes course
- Saturday Evening Program: Dramatic Reading, Talent Show, and Workshop roundup
- LTK Exercise (Joan Mancuso, Peggy Bowen)
- Scarf making (knit, crochet, woven, loomed, …) -– for donation to a women’s shelter.
Affinity Circles meet three times during the weekend (once for Saturday Only attendees). These groups provide time for facilitated conversations around the retreat theme, as well as an opportunity to get to know a few women at a more personal level than may be possible in the larger group activities of the retreat. Attendance is optional, and speaking is optional.
If you are comfortable with facilitating small groups (or would like to try it anyway), please consider volunteering as an Affinity Circle leader. You can do so on the registration form or you can contact us at any time. Affinity Circle leaders meet for an orientation on Friday afternoon, usually around 4 PM.
Ritual and Worship: For Full Weekend attendees, there will be opportunities for ritual and worship throughout the weekend, including Friday evening ingathering, Sunday worship, and the closing ceremony. If you would like to help create these magical moments, be sure to let us know, either on the registration form or by email.
Women & Religion Gathering: On Sunday, we will have our Women & Religion annual gathering. All Full Weekend attendees are encouraged to attend.
Making the World a Better Place: We’ll have a table for petitions, pamphlets, and other information on ways to help our world.
Book Exchange: Recycle your books! Bring a book (or leave a small donation) and take a book home.
Mini-Boutique: Each year we provide space to honor our entrepreneurial spirit. You are welcome to bring items you wish to sell such as hand-crafted goods, jewelry, or self-published books. We request that you donate 15% of your sales to Women & Religion PCD.
Silent Auction: Bring your gift quality items to add to the silent auction tables. Proceeds go to Women & Religion PCD.
Basket Raffle: Get a basket or a cute box, ask everyone attending from your area and your congregation to donate one item…a bottle of local wine, homemade jams, cookies, etc., some gourmet item from your kitchen that you won’t use, local produce like apples, etc. It doesn’t have to be expensive, just put together with fellowship.
For You and Your Body
- Plan on layers. The weather this time of year is fickle. In past years it has been warm enough to wear shorts and yet one year it snowed!
- A warm jacket (it is cold after the sun goes down)
- Some of us dress up a little for Saturday evening—whimsical attire is welcome.
- Comfy shoes. One of the buildings used for activities is at the bottom of a steep hill. Onsite transportation is planned for any who need assistance. Don’t hesitate to ask if you need a ride.
- Unscented toiletries. Please note that many of us have chemical sensitivities. We ask that you do not bring scented items including incense, candles, personal products, etc.
- A flashlight (for your safety—some pathways are dark after the sun goes down)
- Ear plugs (to go to sleep with)
- A quiet alarm clock (to wake up to)
- A hair dryer
- Clothes hangers (they disappear — you might also want to leave a few as a donation)
For The Fun Of It
- Drums, rattles, musical instruments: you never know when an opportunity to make music might arise
- Camera – you don’t want to miss any memories
- Snacks, juice or wine to share at the Social Hour before dinner. While Enchanted Hills provides wonderfully delicious meals, many of us also bring our own favorite snacks to nosh on when the mood strikes.
- Altar items for Sunday’s worship – small and special is best
- Books for the Book Exchange
- Your entrepreneurial Items to sell at the Boutique
- Items for the Silent Auction: new or gently used treasures & QUALITY clothing
- A basket for the basket raffle
- Supplies for making scarves – fabric, yarn, knitting needles, crochet hooks, etc.
- A yoga mat or towel, straps, …, for those who do yoga — the floor is rather hard!
- Checkbook or cash (for the many fun things listed above that you may want to buy). Also, it has become a tradition to “tip” the Enchanted Hills staff after lunch on Sunday and you may want to save a few dollars to add to the basket.
Note: these are links to the Enchanted Hills Camp Retreat website:
- Enchanted Hills Camp Driving Directions and Google Map
These directions will take you to the back of the dining hall, which is probably not where you want to go. When you reach the EHC parking lot, follow the directions below instead.
- Enchanted Hills Camp Detailed Map
Please see the Enchanted Hills Camp Detailed Map. When you reach the camp entrance on Mt. Veeder Road, follow the driveway down past the parking lot, left and around the cabins, and past the dining hall driveway (the angle is too sharp to turn comfortably). Turn around and then turn left into the driveway you just passed, and drive up to the dining hall where you will check in. There is a small parking area there. After checking in, return your car to the parking lot that you passed earlier on the way in. (Check in instructions for Thursday evening early arrival are to be determined.)